Tuesday, March 8

floral




top - burda 03/2016 #103(104)
pants - burda 07/2011 #102


it feels like springtime is in the air
and, although i really enjoy my all gray and all black outfits
springtime calls for colorful floral tops
..
got this lovely fabric as a gift
from one very special lady
almost three years ago
and last week i finally got the courage to cut into it
and turn it into something wearable
..
this pattern comes in few different lengths
with short or three-quarter sleeves
and even has a dress option, that's on my to-do list
once i'm done with coat i'm sewing at the moment
..
it's super easy pattern to make
takes only few hours from tracing pattern to final pressing
and does not use a lot of fabric,
plus i love the final result
so, i'll definitely be making more of these in future
..
mokosha




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i thought it might speed up the spring's arival

      Delete
  2. Lovely, especially that swinging back hem! Hoping spring hits here soon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that hem too.. and volume at the back..
      spring came for couple days only :( it's cold and rainy again

      Delete
  3. A lovely top! This pattern is on my sewing table too, hope to sew soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) it's a great pattern, hope you gonna love it as much as i did

      Delete
  4. I love it! This pattern caught my eye too - the dress version of it! I am so glad to see that the pattern works out well in real life :)
    And I love your pants too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) i plan to make a dress too, as soon as i find some time to do it.. looking forward to seeing your version, you always sew the best things

      Delete
  5. Ah, I love it! I'm so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) me too! can not wait "bare legs" time to start already

      Delete
  6. I really love that top. The hi-lo is fab but that back pleat really makes it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) yeah, pleat is great, love that extra volume it creates

      Delete