Monday, August 26

boy's shirt







shirt - made by me

in 5 years of sewing
i made only few things for nikola
(some of them i even blogged about
here, here and here)
but i made countless dresses for myself
as well as bunch of tops and skirts and pants
and coats and swimsuits and undergarments
and just about everything
..
one day it struck me
that maybe i’m selfish
maybe i should make more stuff for others
not just those that pay me for that
but for the people that matter to me the most
for those that are always there, no matter what
for those that never ask me to sew for them
..
so i made this shirt..
never made a boy’s shirt before
but i guess there is not much difference there
it’s just a shirt, only a bit bigger
and with buttons on a wrong side
..
kind of liked making it
i guess it feels good being selfless..
now the plan is to find some crazy printed fabrics
and make bunch of boy’s shirts!
..
mokosha


20 comments:

  1. looks great! i like all the pocket and tab details, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. i liked those details too, maybe next time i make them in different color

      Delete
  2. it looks great! i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking shirt! Did you use a pattern or is this your own design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. yup, i used pattern from burda magazine 3/2009, model 131

      Delete
  4. Sewing shirts is fun! And the selfless sewing is very good karma :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bas je zadovoljan kosuljom, nema lepseg osecaja :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I´m very into sewing for others right now (My cupboard is about to burst, karma has nothing to do here :) but there are not a lot of male patterns out there. I´m going to try the Negroni from Colette patterns and see how it goes. Your boyfriend must be very happy with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, merche.. i'm thinking of trying to make my own male patterns, or at least to modify those that i already have.. i'm lucky to have this issue of burda (where this shirt pattern comes from) with several great patterns.. you can see preview on russian burda site maybe you can find that issue on ebay

      Delete
  7. Yep, I agree with the good karma comment. May fabulous fabric find it's way to you for your selfless sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love the tab details. All it needs is some Mokosha sprinkles, can't wait to see this in crazy prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally think something with flamingos or owls or frogs would be great :) if i only can find it

      Delete
  9. This is so beautiful! It just looks so perfect and professional and nice! I resolved just this morning to start something for my dad and my sister this weekend-- I've been doing too much sewing for myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. and - that's a good weekend plan :)

      Delete